Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mary Leaman, 17 years old ... about 1905

















Today, I received a comment from Jane on my earlier Leaman blog from November 30, 2006.

Jane said...
wow, can i see the picture with Mary Leaman? I wonder if they are from Paradise PA...i've been reading about her from the book, Queen of the Dark Chambers.

Well, here is the photo of Mary Leaman (age 17), Dr. Leaman (age 66) and Aunt Mary Leaman (age 69). This was taken in Gettysburg Pennsylvania about 1905, according to the inscription on the reverse. It's not a good photo, I'm sorry to say, but I'd enjoy hearing more about Mary and Queen of the Dark Chamber.

2 comments:

jane said...

THank you for posting the picture. I still dont know if this is the same Mary. I wonder why there is so limited info about Mary Leaman. She seems like a wonderful woman of God!!!

You can read a lil bit about her from here:

http://www.prayforchina.com/pro_cai_sujuan_e.htm

Bob Hartman said...

Jane, that is a wonderful story of Cai Sujuan, thank you for sharing it with me.

If anybody is interested in reading about Mary Leaman and Cai Sujuan, including their imprisonment in China during the war, here is the link provided by Jane.

Link to Cai Sujuan