Monday, July 03, 2006

Mrs Waters, Pottsville PA


Mrs Waters Posted by Picasa

A carte-de-visite photo of a civil war era lady, taken in Pottsville in Schuylkill County Pennsylvania. If you recognize this lady or think you may know her first name, please leave a comment. Thank you.

There is a connection between this photo and the photo that I posted of Mrs Hoffercamp earlier. The writing on the reverse of each is in the same handwriting, and of course, both photos were taken in the 1860's in Pottsville Pennsylvania by A. M. Allen, Photographer.

See what they are saying about the Waters Family Roots at Genforum.

Learn more about your Schuylkill Roots at RootsWeb, or visit the Schuylkill Page at GenForum.

1 comment:

Surfmom60 said...

I believe my grandmother Catherine P Waters Clarke was born in Tower City(then Pottsville)PA in 1870's. I am trying to find relatives in the area. I've just started my genealogy search. I am not sure that this could be a relative since this pic looks to be of a woman of some means. I was always told that her family worked in the coal mines there with the other Irish immigrants. I could be wrong though since there have been surprises around every corner in my search.